For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Ziffit Ltd. Unit 2 Holm Oak Business Park, Woods Way, Goring by Sea, BN124QY. Company number 0746465 ("we", "us").
What we mean by personal information
Personal information that we collect
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- various information including your name, email address, billing address and shipping addresses, your preferences as to whether you wish to receive our newsletter and any other information you may supply as part of your registration to be a registered user;
- when you submit an order to us, details of that order and all previous orders are stored on your account page including bank or PayPal details.
- When you store other information on your account, for example your wish list, your tags, your recurring profiles, your product reviews and any downloadable products. From time to time we may also provide the facilities for you to provide additional information through your account, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information;
- Automatic data that is given by your browser as you surf the internet: data such as the time you access the Website, how long you access it for and so forth. We will only use this information to enhance your shopping experience and we will not pass it on in any way;
- If you contact us with a problem or requesting a refund we will keep a record of our dealings with you. Details of any refund will also be available through your account page; and
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses of your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. You can unsubscribe from these emails by contacting email@example.com
- To carry out our obligation arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to assist in processing your order and to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which are the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding companies and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of UK Companies Act 2006.
We reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buying of such business or assets; and/or
- The disclosure is required by law, such as where there is a court order, or statutory obligation requiring us to make such a disclosure; and/or
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is otherwise in the overriding public interest, and is permitted by law.
How we protect your personal information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us.
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
Updating your personal information
The Act gives you the right to access information about you. You are entitled to see the information held about you and to amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information. Please note that we are entitled to charge a £5 fee for providing you with access to your personal information.